Sunday, April 18, 2010

(Halifax Is) Burning Through The Ages


Halifax has been burning with a crazy music scene for years now. Back in the 1970s, kids in the HRM were learning how to play the ukulele in the public school systems. In 1975, the National Film Board and film maker J. Chalmers Doane gathered 1000 of these kids on the Halifax waterfront to play I Believe In Music. The result was a film called Ready When You Are.

What does this have to do with this mixtape I put together? Well, nothing really. Today, I went down to the Halifax Crafter's Fair to spin some records for an hour or so, and I decided to bring down a stack of my old 45s to play some pop hits from the 60s and 70s. I had a lot of fun, and I got to listen to some great tunes. So I figured, if you weren't able to make it down to hear the playlist I would put together for you to download.

Trust me, this is good Sunday listening.

DOWNLOAD IT NOW.

Track List
Jackie deShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man
Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom
The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
Sly & The Family Stone - Everyday People
Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson and Clover
Andy Kim - Be My Baby
The Archies - Sugar Sugar
Tommy Roe - Dizzy
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Otis Redding - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
The Beatles - Don't Let Me Down
Lobo - Me and You and A Dog Named Boo
The Fifth Dimension - Age of Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
The Osmonds - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
The Temptations - Just My Imagination
Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her?
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment