Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Halifax is Burning on the West Coast!


This was my view (minus the seagull visitor) for the first few days I was here in Vancouver. I've since moved further up the road, there is no ocean view but I can assure you it is just as nice.

I figured since I missed two shows this week, I would put together a little treat for all of the Halifax is Burning fans out there so I compiled a "mixtape" of some great Western Canadian bands. I had some people give me suggestions, but I couldn't get to them all in time. My apologies.

Anyways, you can download this sweet mix and throw it on your iPod and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Halifax Is Burning On The West Coast
(right click, save as, send to the beach)

Track List
Said The Whale - Emerald Lake
Hannah Georgas - This Is Good
Chad VanGaalen - Bare Feet on Wet Griptape
Rural Alberta Advantage - The Deathbridge to Lethbridge
Apollo Ghosts - Things You Go Through
Rah Rah - The Innocent One
The Details - Underground
The Weakerthans - One Great City
Carpenter - Brighter Stars
The Hextalls - My Dad VS Shania Twain
The Bonaduces - A Seperate Lid Behind Closed Eyes
Paper Moon - What Are You Going To Do With Me
Immaculate Machine - Numero de Telephone
The Pack AD - Crazy
Black Mountain - Black Fang
Sylvie - Please Make It Home

PS - Fill-in extraordinaire Kat Graham filled in on the show for me today. She was wonderful, as always. Listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment